The Magic Sigil displays the various areas of skill in which a spellcaster may seek training.
There are nine schools of magic in Shroud of the Avatar: the eight elemental schools of Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Sun, Moon, Life, and Death with the ninth school of Chaos in the center of them all. Each school has a focus. The sigil represents how all the schools relate to each other and it will appear inked on parchment, carved into stone, sewn into cloth and minted into metal coins
Skills included on the Magic Sigil include:
- Life Magic - healing, curing, fighting death
- Death Magic - transferring life to caster from enemies, summoning and controlling undead
- Sun Magic - revealing those using stealth, light
- Lunar Magic - stealth
- Earth Magic - physical attacks, stun effects, crowd control
- Air Magic - electric attacks, speed, and dexterity
- Water Magic - icy attacks, slowing targets, minor healing, fight fire
- Fire Magic - damage over time
- Chaos Magic - disruption, unpredictable effects
- The Magic Sigil was first revealed in the Update of the Avatar on September 27, 2013.